Monday, September 04, 2006

Photos





I can never seem to attach photographs the first (or second or third) time while I'm writing a message. So, here's the photo of the quilt for Mathias and the photos of the first forty textile pieces for the Archeology Project. I actually have eight more textile pieces that are in the process of having beads and hand-stitched applied to them. The textiles are "easy" and FUN. The paper pieces are too. Actually, everything about this project is wonderful. I really am excavating "relics" from an imaginary culture, one in my mind. I am digging into my own past and fashioning a story of deep possiblities and wonderful mystery. I am making art that speaks of yesterday, today, and tomorrow--just as archeology does. History is never static; it is always being reinvented and retold accoring to whatever current insights the present day is hohlding dear!

1 comment:

MysteryKnitter said...

You've found quite a pile of material.