Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Collecting Chicken Feathers at the State Fair




My posts are all out of order, but this likely mirrors my thoughts for the past several days.

Last Friday, in particular, was a jumble of utterly unrelated activities. We went to the ballet. The art exhibit Shelter opened. I actually found the floor of my studio in the morning (by using a broom!). Yet, the afternoon was spent at the South Carolina State Fair. I went with Sharon Licata.

We did manage to see the artwork, the flower and garden displays, and some of the vendors. We walked through part of the midway too. But, the reason I went was to collect chicken feathers. Okay, I'm not an intellectual artist. Conceptualism isn't my forte. I'm drawn to simple ideas. This project has got to be one of the silliest, but I'm in the process of creating a unique artists book. I've clipped hundreds of images of eggs. Now, I've collected the chicken feathers.

Get it? WHICH CAME FIRST? THE CHICKEN OR THE EGG?

Truly, I'm having a blast making art! Alex was out of school yesterday (teacher's in-service day). I paid him to wash all the feathers, many of which were....well....dirty! They look great now!

1 comment:

MysteryKnitter said...

Those roses are pretty!