Tuesday, October 17, 2006

SC Arts Educators Conference



(The images are of teachers participating in my fiber workshop at the South Carolina Arts Educators' Conference in Greenville, October 12, 2006)

I spent Thursday and Friday in Greenville at the SC Arts Educators' Conference in the Hyatt Regency. It was a blast. Images of my piece "The Lesson" covered posters, programs, and even T-shirts. My workshop was one of the "sold out" ticketed events. Several teachers told me that they'd received a refund for their cost after being "closed out" of participation.

I think those that were enrolled really enjoyed the class, the ample supply of "everything", the humor, the handouts, and, well, everything. They all had several cards to take home. The techniques included heat-activated adhesives, foils, various materials and snippets, soldering irons, and then a "bonus". This, was, of course, the Sheer Heaven papers. I printed out several sheets of Sheer Heaven papers with images from my altered book "Life Everlasting". Everyone really loved this.The other website will have photos. Suffice it to say, the workshop was a success.

I went to dinner with three of the teachers from the Aiken School district, including Harriet Nix and Ms. Muse.

No comments: