Monday, November 06, 2006

Hilary Gifford's "rag" scarves


Well, I went to Hilary Gifford's website. It was nice but not overwhelming inspirational for me. I don't think this was it's aim! The "real" goal was obvious! It operated perfectly as an easily navigable website to bring interested viewers closer to purchases! This one image, however, did touch the creativity I felt while in Hilary's booth at the Charlotte convention center. I am not altogether sure how she created this scarf, but I know how I will approach this same idea! I really MUST send off for more dissolvable fabric!

1 comment:

SanDesignsUSA said...

I think these rag scarves are the most beautiful type of wearable art there is. I love them...and am so inspired to try doing this myself. I have been sewing for over 40 years and have lots of beautiful snippets of silks and ribbons to use.