Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Elements of Architecture XXVIII




I finished the free-motion machine embroidery on the piece I stitched going to Washington, DC. I'm still hand stitching the one I started on the return trip. So, here's the newest piece in the series with its counterpart in collage.
Yesterday I posted a few images on the Altered Book Yahoo Group. It is so wonderful to receive positive feed back from interesting people living all over the world. I am truly indebted to this site. I learned about Sheer Heaven paper, embossing powders, and other primarily "craft" ideas to which I would never otherwise have been exposed. There's been discussions on this site that have been quite thought provoking and very inspiring. I really thank all those who sent me messages.
I've also created a "map" of the Blues Series to slip under the plate-glass table tops at Mac's on Main. I'm planning to drop them by the restaurant on my way to I. Pinckney Simons Gallery. Today is the last one of the "Stones, Bones, Fiber" show. Thus, my Archeology Project will soon be packed into its suitcases and stored in the back room--just in time for the next thirty-five spools to be added (they're almost done) and for the imaginary maps to begin taking form.

1 comment:

pinkrust said...

enjoyed looking at your blog full of great ideas. Bursting with them. Inspiring.