Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Birmingham's Art Museum



I'm more than a little behind in posting images but it is only because I'm swamped trying to get ready to leave for California on Friday. I've been very busy though. Four more "Elements of Architecture" are ready to go into frames. The extra large "In Box" for Barbara Blau is done too. I also finished my altered book "Earth Moods". There's lots to get done here at Mouse House. But, still, I've wanted to share some of the pictures from the Birmingham Art Museum. Why? Because I really enjoyed this place. I loved the lay-out, the attention to children, the juried show of local art (photography not permitted), the permanent collection of Pre-Raphelite art, and even the architecture of the place (which was amazing). So here are some of the images, including the gorgeous domed ceiling in one section (above).

An antique map on vellum.






Hand painted English ceramic piece




Ancient pottery from Cyprus




Beautiful sculpture

Modern Glass


Stained Glass



A view of one hallway

No comments: