Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Strata IV, Spring



Since Strata III looked so much like autumn colors, I started thinking of it as such. The series was initially inspired by the strata of the earth, the multi-layered tiers of geology and all those cross sections of the globe in school books. There's a great sense of time being related in those courses...eons and eons, lots of passing seasons. Of course, I had just made an altered book called Earth Moods, so I had all these things on my mind. So, I figured that the earth might be deeply affected by the changes of seasons. I knew the next three in the series would reflect spring, summer, and winter. I have no idea why I made them in this order...it's alphabetical, but I didn't realize that until after I was done!

Above is Strata IV (Spring) and below is a detail shot.

No comments: