Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Stitching in the Car


I planned to do all the hand stitching on this piece last Saturday while riding in the car to Atlanta and back. I forgot that the sun goes down, the car gets dark, and embroidery just can't be done under these conditions. So, I finished the handwork on Sunday, did the free-motion embroidery yesterday, and photographed it today. It's another piece that is a "spin off" of my "Elements in Architecture" series. I'm calling the series "Elements in Blue". Instead of giving each piece a Roman numeral, I'm giving each a comma and another name. Thus, this is Elements in Blue, Madonna and Child.

4 comments:

Dianne said...

Sooo gorgeous Susan!! Your embroidery pieces are always so detailed. I love the shades of blue.

Micki said...

Another wonderful piece. You amaze me with each new one.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Love your blue work.

SeamRippstress said...

Intricate and all done in a moving car! Your work is just amazing Susan!