Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Elements in Blue, Alpha and Omega


This is Elements in Blue, Alpha and Omega. It is 9 3/4" x 8"! Wow! I finally remembered to include the size.

Believe it or not, each piece I finish is entered into a catalog, given an inventory number, priced, and includes a brief description of the materials and/or technique(s) as well as the size, unframed and framed (if applicable...and these are all 17 3/4" x 15 3/4" with the framing! If and when the piece is sold, the new owners name and contact information is listed too.

Why I haven't included the size when posting images in the past is a mystery. I've written comments on other blog stating how much I appreciate photos that include something for scale, a quarter or a background on a stone path. I hereby resolve to include measurements on all further posts!

By the way, thanks for all the nice comments about my recently finished books. Comments mean the world to me!

5 comments:

Karoda said...

Can you describe the catalog? Is it a computer program or hard copy that you track?

Susan Lenz said...

Hi!
Excellent idea Karoda. I will try to post a photo...not only of mine but of my mentor's, Stephen Chesley, an oil painter for the past nearly thirty years...one of those very talented, self sufficient artists that is filled with knowledge, compassion, and a willingness to share his experience and advice with others in every sort of media.

The catalog is a simple ledger from Office Depot. It is all written by hand. It is a valuable resource and method to track personal progress, inventory, and an aid to consistancy. Stephen's includes thumbnail sketches of his pieces...his entire catalog is a work of art...mind looks more like my studio...a disaster area of exploding creativity!
Susan

The Lone Beader® said...

This is beautiful!!! :)

Ati said...

Beautiful blue pieces!

Kate North said...

I also like that you include a size - frequently I've wondered when browsing blogs how big something is - bed type quilts are a bit easier to guess, but a piece like yours here could be small (like this one) or much larger, and there's no real way to know - and I'm nosy, so I always want to know...

Oh, and it's beautiful, too!