Monday, February 10, 2014

52 Windows - Windows To Our Hearts, MIRCI fund raiser


(Above:  My donations to the upcoming MIRCI charity fundraiser.  Click on any image to enlarge.)

This is the third year in which I've been asked to participate in an important, local charity event benefiting MIRCI (Mental Illness Recovery Center, Inc.)  For the two earlier events, the organization gave each artist an old window to transform.  I think it was a wise decision to mix things up this year.  Instead of using an old window, they asked for painting, sculpture, or photos that responded to the them "Windows to Our Hearts".


(Above:  My current favorite photo of an old window.)

I actually like it when I can donate a piece of my photography.  I know I'm not a professional photographer but I do take great pride in some of my images .... like this one!  I love the peeling paint, the reflections, and especially the lacy curtain.  I snapped it in Arizona while visiting Castle Dome Ghost Town.  It was a FABULOUS day.


(Above:  Window to My Heart,  a miniature fiber piece made similarly to all my "In Box" and "Stained Glass" pieces. Unframed 5 1/4' x 4 1/2"; framed, 8 1/4" x 6 3/4".)

Yet, I couldn't bring myself NOT to make "something" in fiber, especially since the image didn't have an actual "heart" in it.  So I made this little piece to go with the photo.  I'm happy to be supporting such a worthy organization.



1 comment:

Wanda said...

You may not be a professional photographer but you capture truly wonderful Images. I too love the photo you donated. I also liked your mini fiber Piece. It sort of "wets the whistle" for more!!