Monday, May 12, 2014

Six new "In Box" pieces and more thread!


(Above:  In Box CLII.  Inventory # 3137.  Unframed:  14" x 10"; Framed:  19 1/4" x 15 1/4". $225. Polyester stretch velvets, metallic foiling, previously painted heat-activated adhesive.  Self-guided free-motion machine embroidery and melting.  Click on any image in this post to enlarge.)

I spent Mother's Day doing exactly what I love best ... working all day in my studio making ART!  As a result, I've got plenty to share!  These six, small "In Box" series pieces will be added to my "sales blog" by the end of the day.  I'm also working on another batch of "Window Series" pieces which will be finished before the end of the week.  Love, love, love productivity!


(Above:  Donation of thread from Anne Larsen in Ithaca, NY.  Thank you, Anne!)

In the evening, I'm still unraveling miles of donated thread for my upcoming installation at Gallery 80808/Vista Studios.  Threads: Gathering My Thoughts will run from Sept. 18 - 30th and promises to be even bigger than it is right now (on view at Studio Cellar through June 1st.)  Obviously, I'm still accepting donations of thread at 2123 Park Street, Columbia, SC  29201.


(Above:  Donation of thread from Marilyn Davis on Plainville, Vermont.  Thank you, Marilyn!)

I'm also busy wrapping all the old wooden spools with wool and embellishing them with embroidered stitches.  I also have a plan for all the old plastic spools.  It is still in the "foggy vision" state.  This is a time of mental planning but I'm almost ready to attempt moving it into reality!


(Above:  In Box CLIII. Inventory # 3138.  Unframed:  14" x 10"; Framed:  19 1/4" x 15 1/4". $225.)

So ... here are the other "In Box" pieces!  I'm very happy with them but I need MORE!  This work has been accepted for a solo show in Durham this coming September.  I have my work cut out for me!


(Above:  In Box CLIV. Inventory # 3139.  Unframed:  14" x 10"; Framed:  19 1/4" x 15 1/4". $225.)


(Above:  In Box CLV. Inventory # 3140.  Unframed:  14" x 10"; Framed:  19 1/4" x 15 1/4". $225.)


(Above:  In Box CLVI. Inventory # 3141.  Unframed:  14" x 10"; Framed:  19 1/4" x 15 1/4". $225.)


(Above:  In Box CLVII. Inventory # 3142.  Unframed:  14" x 10"; Framed:  19 1/4" x 15 1/4". $225.)

 
(Above: A lovely card and note from Meridian Fibers in Charlotte!)

I have to thank Laura Sutthoff for this lovely card and note.  It was her way of thanking the members of Fiber Arts Options, an invitational fiber group in Charlotte, NC to which I belong.  We visited Laura's new fiber business Meridian Fibers.  I blogged about the experience ... and now she is thanking me.  I'm flattered beyond words ... because Laura blogged about us too ... including this post with a really nice photo of our group!  Thus ... this photo is my "thank you" for her "thank you" ... and we are all properly, politely, and in silly ways ... THANKED!  Thank goodness! LOL!

No comments: